Friday, March 04, 2011

Anxiously Awaiting...

Well, I don't usually post many thoughts, but I am feeling the urge tonight. We are now approaching this babies due date rather quickly. I am so anxious and having a lot of stress about having a two year old and a newborn (don't forget about the older two boys and oh ya a husband as well). I am not the most patient person and to be really honest it scares me to death. I don't want to be the Mom that yells and makes her kids feel terrible because I am tired and stressed out. I am not sure what to do about this. I will be going back to work sooner than I did with either of the boys and this just compounds my feelings of guilt and anxiety. I need a manual for how to deal with all of this and still feel like a good Mom. Steve has a lot going on with his businesses, mostly fireworks, and we are not sure where things will be even when the baby is born. It is all overwhelming for me. I just keep thinking how do I handle all of this? I have tried to stay down and relax, not worry so much about the house and these kind of things so that my blood pressure can stay as low as possible. But then I start to think about what is to come, I can't help but be stressed. My blood pressure is on the rise and there have been days when it has been high. I don't know how Steve will handle everything if I get put on bed rest. He is already close to his full stress load with all he has going on. So of course this just adds to my problem. Try to relax for Steve....doesn't help. So if anyone has a pointers for me other than, the normal, "it will all work out", please share your thoughts.

On a lighter note, we moved Max into Scott's bedroom and he is doing great. We had one really rough night and he has been great since. THANK YOU MAX for being such a great kid!! He is so much fun right now! In fact tonight I was walking up the stairs as he was coming down, he put his hand out as though to stop me and said, "Mom, leave me alone!" I couldn't help but laugh. He says cute things like this all the time and we just smile!!

Something else that has been fun is to see how proud Nate is of his baby sister! Nate will tell anyone he sees that he is having a baby sister! He talks to her and says how he can't wait to see her and play with her! Yesterday he looked at my belly and said, "Wow, Mom the baby is getting really big!" So, I asked Steve, "is that his way of telling me I am looking fat?!"

We truly do feel blessed to have her in our family, it us just a little stressful at the moment!

One more thing...Happy Birthday to Steve tomorrow! I am so thankful for him in my life!

1 comments:

Lindsey said...

You will be great Michelle! You are such an awesome mom and it will all iron out. Just try and enjoy this time before the baby and then bask in your wonderful baby bundle to come. That's what friends and family are for--to help you when you are ready to paint the walls with your brains. Don't though...ya know..do that...
P.S. I don't know where mommy guilt comes from, but we all just need to cut ourselves from slack. We are, in fact, procreating. Doesn't that count for something?? The good Lord will bless us for that one!