Sunday, March 14, 2010

Catching Up...


What a crazy 6 months it has been! I realized that I haven't posted since I went back to work. We are all doing good! I can't believe I can finally say that! I have been really, really sick for the past 8 months. I have had so many tests done, lost over 50 pounds, surgery and spent thousand of dollars all to figure out that the birth control pill i was taking (yaz, if you are taking it I strongly recommend getting off of it) was trying to kill me. I have been off it now for about 4 weeks and feel great!!
Max is 10 months old now and brings us so much joy. He is seriously the happiest kid I have ever been around. He started crawling at about 6 months and saying Dada at 7 months. He can say, hi, Dada, Mama, hat and I think maybe Scott! He did have to wear a helmet for 3 months because he had a flat spot. He did great, but we were so glad when he was done. (pictures will follow) We are so blessed to have him in our home. He could walk if he wanted to, but he chooses to be carried! Nate is the BEST big brother. He is so wonderful and ALWAYS willing to help with Max.
Steve got to done some international traveling to India and China, as well as, his regular stateside travel, he was gone alot over the past few months. It is nice to have him sit still for a while!! We have had a lot go on but in a nutshell we had a wonderful holiday season spending lots of time with family. We have had our share of bad luck, but hope that it is finally turning around!! We had Scott's first girlfriend over for dinner. So weird to see him at this stage in life. We are so grateful for so many wonderful things in our lives.

2 comments:

Michelle Simmons said...

Hello.. I didnt know you were sick.. I am taking YAZ!!! Yikes!!!!!!

Lindsey said...

Wow- it was YAZ? Crazy! Glad to know you are doing better. Keep in touch...